INDIANAPOLIS — During an update Sunday morning, Indianapolis Motor Speedway President Doug Boles said that the Indianapolis 500 festivities would be delayed if the current weather system tracking toward Indianapolis remains on its path.

Boles said that if it remains on its current path, fans will be asked to leave the grandstands and implement their own safety procedures around 11:15 a.m. on Sunday. The music in the Snake Pit, as well as other pre-race festivities, will also be stopped at that time.

Two rounds of storms are expected for Sunday, which could impact the race. The first round of storms is expected in the late morning and early afternoon, potentially impacting the race. The second round of storms is expected in the late evening and overnight, which is the main severe threat.

Boles said that if fans choose to leave the speedway and seek cover from the rain, they will be allowed back on the grounds if the race is hosted on Sunday

Boles said IMS officials believe the storm system could leave the area between 2:30 and 3 p.m. After the storm has moved through, it is estimated that it will take around 1.5 hours to dry the track.

For more information on race day festivities, click here.

Source link

By admin

Malcare WordPress Security