A basement ammonia spill injured one person and forced the evacuation of Ramsay’s Kitchen in downtown Naperville Monday, according to the Naperville Fire Department.

Patrons and staff exited building 39 W. Jefferson Ave. restaurant about 9:15 p.m. after the accident occurred, the report said.

Hazmat technicians needed about 30 minutes to remove the liquid using specialized absorbent materials and another 30 minutes to “to ensure that all fumes were ventilated and the space was safe for occupants,” the release said.

After the cleanup and ventilation, staff were allowed to return to the building.

The city fire department was assisted by personnel from the Warrenville, Lisle-Woodridge, Darien-Woodridge and the Downers Grove fire departments and Plainfield Fire Protection District provided backup while the city firefighters were occupied during the cleanup, the release said.

Source link

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *