A 17-year-old accused of hitting and killing a University of Cincinnati in a stolen car appeared in court Monday Cincinnati police said the 17-year-old drove into two 18-year-old women on Jefferson Avenue last week. One of the victims died from her injuries.Police said after the crash, the driver kept going until he crashed into a tree. Then he ran off.When police went to arrest him, he jumped out of a window and tried to run.In court Monday, prosecutors said the teen was being electronically monitored at the time of the crash for a weapons charge and his ankle monitor was missing when he was arrested.Prosecutors say he also failed to show up to juvenile detention and had a warrant out for his arrest in another state.”This young man was already in EMU status, violated EMU status. Not only by not turning himself in but cutting off the monitor he has an open warrant out of state. All of those way heavily against any release at this time,” Magistrate Liz Igoe.WLWT is not releasing the suspect’s name because he is a minor.The court will hold him in juvenile custody until a bind-over hearing to decide whether to try him as an adult.

A 17-year-old accused of hitting and killing a University of Cincinnati in a stolen car appeared in court Monday

Cincinnati police said the 17-year-old drove into two 18-year-old women on Jefferson Avenue last week. One of the victims died from her injuries.

Police said after the crash, the driver kept going until he crashed into a tree. Then he ran off.

When police went to arrest him, he jumped out of a window and tried to run.

In court Monday, prosecutors said the teen was being electronically monitored at the time of the crash for a weapons charge and his ankle monitor was missing when he was arrested.

Prosecutors say he also failed to show up to juvenile detention and had a warrant out for his arrest in another state.

“This young man was already in EMU status, violated EMU status. Not only by not turning himself in but cutting off the monitor he has an open warrant out of state. All of those way heavily against any release at this time,” Magistrate Liz Igoe.

WLWT is not releasing the suspect’s name because he is a minor.

The court will hold him in juvenile custody until a bind-over hearing to decide whether to try him as an adult.



Source link

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *