At the conclusion of the 2022 NFL draft, reports had the Tennessee Titans signing 12 undrafted free agents, but as it turns out, the number was higher than that.
According to Jim Wyatt of Titans Online, the Titans have agreed to terms with 17 undrafted free agents. The list is as follows:
- OLB David Anenih (Houston)
- CB Tre Avery (Rutgers)
- RB Julius Chestnut (Sacred Heart)
- DT Haskell Garrett (Ohio State)
- ILB Jack Gibbens (Minnesota)
- S Michael Griffin II (South Dakota State)
- G Hayden Howerton (SMU)
- WR Brandon Lewis (Air Force)
- OT Jalen McKenzie (Southern Cal)
- C/G Xavier Newman-Johnson (Baylor)
- DT Sam Okuayinonu (Maryland)
- DE Jayden Peevy (Texas A & M)
- WR Reggie Roberson (SMU)
- OL Andrew Rupcich (Culver-Stockton)
- K Caleb Shudak (Iowa)
- P Ryan Stonehouse (Colorado St.)
- CB Tre Swilling (Georgia Tech)
Of the 17 UDFA signings announced by Tennessee, five are new names from the ones we compiled via reports. They include Avery, Lewis, Newman-Johnson, Stonehouse and McKenzie.
The Titans also added Western Michigan tight end Thomas Okudoya as part of the NFL’s International Player Pathway program.
Okudoya will remain on Tennessee’s offseason roster through training camp, but won’t count towards the 90-man limit. If he sticks on the practice squad, Okudoya won’t count towards that limit, either.
Tennessee’s rookies, including the UDFA signings and 2022 NFL draft picks, will make their practice debuts on Friday when the Titans begin rookie minicamp, which will be open to the media.
Check back with Titans Wire later for full coverage.