Sources at the Arizona capital exclusively told The Gateway Pundit that Arizona Speaker of the House Rusty Bowers and House Majority Leader Ben Toma refused to allow conservative Representative Neal Carter to introduce a proclamation celebrating the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling overturning Roe v. Wade.
Carter, a staunch pro-life conservative, was reportedly stunned by the response from Bowers and Toma when he learned they were blocking his proclamation celebrating this landmark decision that will save the lives of tens of millions of pre-born children in the coming decades.
This is not Bowers’ and Toma’s first time undermining the conservative members of the Arizona House.
As The Gateway Pundit reported last month, Bowers and Toma allowed Democrats to kill two high-priority election integrity bills and even threatened to send armed law enforcement after the two most conservative members of the Arizona House, Representatives Jake Hoffman and Jacqueline Parker, in an apparent bully tactic.
Bowers rose to RINO fame this past week when he testified before the sham January 6th Committee hearing at the request of Adam Schiff and Liz Cheney.
Adding insult to injury, House leadership’s refusal to allow Representative Carter’s proclamation comes less than 48 hours after Toma, Bowers, and State Senator David Gowan cut a multi-billion dollar tax and spend budget deal with Arizona Democrats to produce the first Democrat state budget in Arizona history.
According to a Telegram broadcast published by Representative Jake Hoffman, the founding chairman of the Arizona Freedom Caucus, the “Pelosi-style $18 billion [budget] boondoggle” featured top Democrat Party priorities like:
- 500+ MILLION for Democrat pork projects
- $70 MILLION to incentivize cities to implement the same insane homelessness policies that have DESTROYED places like San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, etc.
- $150 MILLION taxpayer handout to Hollywood movie studios, actors, and producers
- 10%, 15%, and even 20% raises for state government bureaucrats
- OVER A BILLION dollars for government-run schools with nearly ZERO requirements that it actually be spent on Arizona children
- HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS for woke public universities like ASU, U of A, and NAU that willingly provide taxpayer-subsidized tuition amnesty to illegal aliens
- Multiple new welfare entitlements
- Hundreds of individual member pork projects
…and so much more.
Grassroots leaders have decried the liberal Republican policies coming out of the Bowers-Toma Arizona House thus far in 2022. Toma appears to be a shoo-in to return to the House; however, in an attempt to skirt the state’s term limit laws Bowers, who has been in the legislature during each of the last four decades, is running yet again for a state senate seat. Conservative state legislator David Farnsworth is challenging Bowers for the senate seat.