Looking to get max Paragon and Renegade points quickly? In Mass Effect 1 you can quickly get all the Paragon and Renegade points you want through an exploit on Lorik Qui’in while you’re in Port Hanshan on Noveria.
This exploit will work in any version of Mass Effect 1, including the Legendary Edition.
Max Paragon and Renegade Point Exploit
For this exploit, you’ll need to have bought 5 Charm Points or 5 Intimidate Points in the Squad Menu. Each is associated with a particular Morality: Paragon for Charm and Renegade for Intimidate. We reccommend putting 5 Points into both stats, as both moralities will benefit from this exploit.
This exploit is done while getting your garage pass on Noveria (see the Lorik Qui’in walkthrough page for more information). You can get the garage pass by ratting out Opold to Anoleas, but don’t do that because this exploit is just too good to pass up.
Instead, agree to do Lorik’s mission, which tasks you with going to his office and recovering the evidence from his computer. Once you’ve done that you’ll need to agree to talk to Gianna Parasini before turning the evidence in to Lorik.
Gianna will be at the same hotel bar and across from where Lorik is sitting when you return to finish your mission. She’s near the stairs, standing by herself next to a table.
Agree to Parasini’s offer that you’ll try to convince Lorik to testify. Once you’ve done that, go talk to Lorik.
Choose the following options when talking to him:
- “Testify against Anoleis”
- Pick either the “You’d be a hero” Charm option in blue for +25 Paragon Points, or the “Damn right I will” option in red for +25 Renegade Points.
Then finish the conversation.
Now talk to Lorik again to do the exploit. Here you should pick, in order:
- “Matriarch Benezia“
- “Another question”
- “Testify Against Anoleis”
- You can then again pick either the blue Charm or red Intimidate option for +25 points for Paragon or Renegade.
Rinse and repeat until your Paragon and Renegade bars are maxed out.
Here’s what you gain by using this exploit to out both the Paragon and Renegade Morality bars:
- Unlocking all 12 Charm / Intimidate points for purchase in the Squad Menu. If you then buy all of these, you’ll be able to choose any decision in the game.
- Unlocking both Morality Missions. When you fill a Morality bar by either 80% or 90%, you’ll get a Mission from Admiral Hackett at the Galaxy Map. Paragons will get UNC: Besieged Base while Renegades will get UNC: The Negotiation. These allow for more story, XP and loot.
- Bonus Morality Points in Mass Effect 2, when importing a Mass Effect 1 save with each Morality bar 50% full. Since unlocking Charm / Intimidate options is tied directly to the Morality bars in Mass Effect 2, this gives you a significant leg up in picking the options you want in the early portions of that game.