Draft Preview: Offensive line
Broncos in-house offseason moves: Signed T/G Tom Compton (San Francisco), T Billy Turner (Green Bay), G Ben Braden (Green Bay) and T Casey Tucker (free agent). Re-signed T Calvin Anderson.
Under contract: C — Lloyd Cushenberry (two more years). G — Compton (two), Graham Glasgow (two), Quinn Meinerz (three), Netane Muti (two), Dalton Risner (one) and Zach Johnson (two). T — Turner (one), Tucker (one), Anderson (one), Garett Bolles (three), Quinn Bailey (two) and Drew Himmelman (two).
Need scale (1-10): 4. Breaking it down by position, the Broncos should be OK at center (Cushenberry or Glasgow) and decent at guard (maybe a depth addition in rounds 4-7). But the right tackle position is up for grabs and currently, it is Anderson, Turner and possibly Compton. Only Compton is signed beyond this year so drafting a future starter makes sense.
1. T Ikem Ekwonu, N.C. State: The Jaguars should take him first overall, but they won’t. Twenty-seven of his 31 starts were at left tackle.
2. T Evan Neal, Alabama: Started one year apiece at left guard, right tackle, left tackle. Listed at 337 pounds and shade under 6-foot-8.
3. T Charles Cross, Mississippi State: Expected to be third tackle drafted in top 10. All 22 of his college starters were at left tackle. Already NFL-level pass protector.
4. C Tyler Lindenbaum, Iowa: Two-time first-team All-America selection. Started 35 games at center. Will be excellent run blocker as rookie.
5. G Zion Johnson, Boston College: Will be first guard drafted. For Davidson and Boston College, started 10 games at right tackle, 11 at left tackle, 26 at left guard.
The Broncos don’t have a first-round pick, but do have nine selections. A look at five possibilities:
1. T Bernhard Raimann, Central Michigan: Grew up in Austria before attending high school in Michigan. Converted from receiver to left tackle in 2021, started 18 games.
2. T Tyler Smith, Tulsa: Twenty-three game starter at left tackle over three years. Listed at 324 pounds at combine.
3. G Lecitus Smith, Virginia Tech: Started 37 games at left guard. Listed at 6-foot-3, 314 pounds. Projects as fourth-round pick.
4. T Abe Lucas, Washington State: A first- and second-team all-Pac 12 selection apiece. Started all 42 of his career games at right tackle. Listed at 6-foot-6, 313 pounds.
5. T/G Zach Thomas, San Diego State: Started 17 games at right tackle, 12 at left tackle, two at right guard. Played left tackle last year, but projects as late-round guard.