Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know as you start your day
Fully vaccinated people can (more or less) ditch masks indoors: CDC
President Biden, who addressed the media in the Rose Garden earlier Thursday, announced that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its mask guidance for fully vaccinated Americans. The guidance allows those vaccinated to go mask-free in outdoor and most indoor settings. The president called it “a great day for America.”
The Biden administration has been focused on getting more Americans to sign up for COVID-19 vaccines that it says are safe and highly effective. States have been joining the effort and have been coming up with ways to entice Americans to sign up for a jab. (Ohio just announced a $1 million lottery for those fully vaccinated.) CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.
In other developments:
– Biden says allowing fully vaccinated to go maskless indoors is a ‘great milestone’
– Target to still require masks while reviewing new guidelines
– Cruz reacts to CDC recommending no more masks: ‘It’s about damn time’
– CDC chief moves from ‘impending doom’ to no masks for the vaccinated in 45 days
– CNN’s Sanjay Gupta: CDC is not following the science on mask guidance
– CBS’ Gayle King: ‘I still feel judged’ in New York, get ‘side-eye’ for not wearing mask outdoors
5M to get pipeline back online per reports
Colonial Pipeline Co. likely paid more than $4 million to hackers in order to get its pipeline back up and running.
“The payments have been made to the terrorists,” billionaire John Catsimatidis, told FOX Business’ Maria Bartiromo on Thursday morning. “I understand from my sources that $4 million was paid.”
When asked by reporters if he knew about the ransom payment, President Biden said he had “no comment.”
A restarting of the pipeline will in the next few days help restore the flow of gasoline across the Eastern part of the U.S where fuel shortages are abundant. The 5,500-mile Colonial Pipeline, which transports more than 100 million gallons of fuel per day, or almost half of the East Coast’s supply, was taken offline on Friday by a Russian hacking group called DarkSide that demanded $100 million ransom.
About 68% of gas stations in North Carolina reported fuel outages, according to Gas Buddy. Roughly half of the gas stations in Georgia, South Carolina, Washington, D.C., and Virginia also reported outages.
Catsimatidis added that the pipeline “will be flowing by Monday at the latest.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Kilmeade slams Colonial Pipeline hack payoff: Americans are now ‘paying the price’
– Biden whips up ransomware task force after Colonial Pipeline reportedly coughs up millions
– Biden says ‘don’t panic’ amid gas shortage, warns gas stations against price gouging after Colonial hack
– Hannity: Where was the federal government during the Colonial Pipeline hack?
– Cyberattacks are on the rise, but infrastructure, businesses and consumers can protect themselves
– Liz Cheney rips ‘dangerous’ Trump for ‘perpetuating lies’: ‘We do not swear allegiance to any individual’
– Media hypes anti-Trump alliance threatening to launch 3rd party led by panned ‘Anonymous’ ex-Trump staffer
– Meghan McCain calls out media’s ‘strategy’ of avoiding all ‘real problems’ coming from Biden admin
– Bill Maher tests positive for coronavirus, ‘Real Time’ taping canceled
– Prince Harry says he was put through ‘pain and suffering’ by his father Prince Charles
– Ellen DeGeneres’ former staffers react to show’s end, rehash her ‘unpleasant’ behavior: ‘It’s about time’
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– Tesla CEO Elon Musk renews call for carbon tax
– Target to stop selling Pokémon, sports trading cards in store over safety concerns
– Chrissy Teigen’s Cravings cookware line no longer sold by Target
– Disney misses on parks revenue, streaming subscribers
#TheFlashback: CLICK HERE to find out what happened on “This Day in History.”
SOME PARTING WORDS
Laura Ingraham, the host of “The Ingraham Angle,” calls out liberals who she says use your problems to push their ideology.
Not signed up yet for Fox News First? Click here to find out what you’re missing.
Fox News’ Go Watch page is now available, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning! Have a great weekend, stay safe and we’ll see you in your inbox first thing Monday.
GUIDE TO PERSONAL FINANCE Sponsored by Credible: